Feb 6. A huge quake has struck south-eastern Turkey, killing over five thousand people. Here’s how to help.
We’ve compiled a list of international and local NGOs who are supporting those on the ground with emergency aid.
Donate Money to Global Relief Agencies
1. Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF): MSF is an international, independent organization that provides medical assistance to people affected by disasters such as the Syria-Turkey earthquake. Donate
2. Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS): SAMS is a global medical relief organization that works on the front lines of crisis relief to save lives. Donate
3. Union of Medical Relief and Care Organizations (UOSSM): The UOSSM, which provides emergency medical relief and health care services to Syrian people, made an urgent appeal for assistance on Monday morning. Donate
4. Save the Children: In North West Syria, Save the Children is working closely with partner organizations to assess the scale of the damage to provide support that children desperately need as the situation becomes clearer. Donate
5. CARE International: Social justice organization CARE International is assessing the most urgent needs to help in the emergency response. Donate
6. Project HOPE: The global health and humanitarian aid organization, has deployed emergency response teams in response to the earthquakes. Donate
7. UNICEF: In Aleppo, UNICEF is assessing with their partners and facilitators the situation across the governorate, including hard to reach and not government-controlled areas. Donate
8. International Medical Corps: has already mobilized a response, deploying mobile medical teams in Syria to provide emergency medical care to people in the region affected by the quake. Donate
9. Oxfam: The affiliate in Turkey, has partnerships with around 80 women’s cooperatives in 10 Turkish provinces most affected by the quake and is currently assessing response plans with them given the scale of devastation. Donate
10. Humanity & Inclusion: Nobel Peace Prize-winning organization, Humanity & Inclusion, is working on an inclusive emergency response, with a particular focus on people with injuries and disabilities. Donate
Donate to Turkish and Syrian Humanitarian Organizations
11. IHH: The Humanitarian Relief Foundation is a Turkish NGO that provides humanitarian relief in areas of war, earthquake, hunger, and conflict. Donate
12. The White Helmets: Is a grassroots team of volunteers across Syria who are supporting the urgent response. Donate
13. NuDay: Is a nonprofit working to secure dignified and empowered aid for women and children affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. Donate
14. Ahbap: Is a Turkish NGO that aims to provide all kinds of aid to those in need. Donate
15. AKUT: Search and Rescue Association is a Turkish NGO for disaster search and rescue relief. Donate
16. Give Blood: If you’re based in Turkey, consider giving blood via the Turkish Red Crescent. Donate
17. Let People Know Where to Find Safety: A map has been created and is being constantly updated with the institutions and businesses that have opened their doors to citizens who have had to leave their homes after the earthquake. Map
18. Raise Awareness: If you can’t donate at this time but want to help, consider sharing this article with friends, family, or on your social media accounts.
Source: Global Citizen