December 6. Breeze Airways is expanding on the East Coast with Long Island, New York and West Palm Beach, Florida as its newest destinations.
Long Island marks Breeze’s fourth Northeast destination behind Hartford, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, and Providence, Rhode Island. Flights will use Long Island MacArthur Airport in Islip, New York, a suburban airport around 50 miles from New York City.
“Breeze’s business model is to add ‘nice, new nonstop’ flights on routes where only connecting service is offered by other carriers,” David Neeleman, Breeze’s founder and chief executive officer, said in a statement.
If Long Island proves to be successful for Breeze, the future air service opportunities could be endless as not many cities outside of Florida are served by rival airlines. Long Island could also be a jumping-off point for flights to Europe with Breeze’s new Airbus A220-300 aircraft.
Here’s where Breeze Airways is flying in 2022:
- Between Long Island and Norfolk, Virginia.
- Between Long Island and Charleston, South Carolina.
- Between West Palm Beach and Richmond, Virginia.
- Between West Palm Beach and Charleston, South Carolina.
- Between West Palm Beach and Akron, Ohio.
- Between West Palm Beach and Columbus, Ohio.
- Between West Palm Beach and New Orleans.
- Between West Palm Beach and Norfolk, Virginia.