October 8. Carnival Cruise Line revealed plans for more ship restarts for January and February 2022 as it works towards the return of its full fleet sailing from U.S. homeports next spring. Seventeen ships are scheduled to be operating by year-end 2022, including Carnival Sunshine, which will restart from Charleston on Jan. 13, and Carnival Liberty, which will sail from Port Canaveral on Feb. 11.
Carnival’s U.S.-based operations will cover the following homeports and ships by February, and represents 90 percent of Carnival’s U.S.-based capacity:
- Galveston: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream and Carnival Vista.
- Miami: Carnival Freedom, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Sunrise and Carnival Conquest.
- Port Canaveral: Mardi Gras, Carnival Elation, Carnival Magic and Carnival Liberty (effective Feb. 11).
- New Orleans: Carnival Glory and Carnival Valor.
- Long Beach: Carnival Panorama, Carnival Radiance and Carnival Miracle.
- Baltimore: Carnival Legend
- Tampa: Carnival Pride
- Charleston: Carnival Sunshine (effective Jan. 13)
Source: Insider Travel Report