Beginning on Monday, September 21, five communities were authorized to transition to Phase-2 Opening. The communities are Pudahuel, Independencia, El Bosque, Calama and Quillota. Phase-2 Opening reduces confinement during weekdays, while maintaining the quarantine on weekends and holidays remains from 23:00 to 05:00.
The following restrictions apply:
- Adults over 75 years of age are prohibited from leaving the quarantine site.
- Residents from Phase-2 areas may not enter a quarantined area.
- Only essential workers may leave a quarantined community.
- Maximum number of participates in social, open-air; gatherings is 10.
- Sport activities are allowed only in urban parks, protected wildlife areas and other open spaces that offer free public access.