Round-trip Air Fare Hits Seven-Year High in April

Read Time:53 Seconds

May 20. Are higher air fares beginning to take a toll on travel? Airlines Reporting Corp. (ARC) just released data showing the average U.S. round-trip ticket price continued its month-over-month rise in April 2022 totaling $585. This is an 8 percent increase from March and a 45 percent increase year over year. April’s average ticket price is the highest total recorded in the past seven years.

ARC-accredited travel agency air ticket sales totaled $7.7 billion in April 2022, a 156 percent increase year over year from April 2021. The month-over-month total sales performance remained fairly flat due to a typical seasonal decline in passenger trips being offset by airfare costs exceeding levels not seen for seven years.

But when you look at the figure’s month over month, there appear to be fewer people flying. April 2022 results showed total sales decreased 1 percent, total passenger trips decreased 10 percent, U.S. domestic trips were down 11 percent and international trips were down 8 percent.

Source: Insider Travel Report

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %
123850cookie-checkRound-trip Air Fare Hits Seven-Year High in April