El pasaporte del solicitante debe tener una validez mínima de seis meses a partir de la fecha de la solicitud. Actualmente, no existe un periodo mínimo de validez para el pasaporte.
Fuente: Traveling Lifestyle
Colombia’s Two-Year Digital Nomad Visa
July 31. Colombia recently enacted a new immigration law that is scheduled to take effect on October 22, 2022.
The current structure of the visa system, which is divided into three primary visa types – visitor visas, migrant visas, and resident visas- will not be affected by the new law. However, the new law adds additional visa classifications and changes the application process.
Conditions and Requirements
- Foreign citizens employed outside Colombia will be able to live and work in Colombia using a new visa called the Digital Nomad Visa for up to two years.
- The visa will also be available to individuals who want to start a digital technology business in Colombia.
- Digital Nomad Visa holders will not be allowed to engage in local paid employment or work for an employer in Colombia.
- The applicant must show proof of health insurance that covers accidents, sickness, maternity, disabilities, hospitalization, death, or repatriation during the time they plan to stay in the country.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of application. Currently, there is no minimum validity period for the passport.
Source: Traveling Lifestyle