Nov 27. If your idea of a winter vacation means trading snowmen for sand castles, it’s time to make your Caribbean escape. From Anguilla to Turks and Caicos, new hotels have sprung up across the region, including an off-the-grid, eco-chic hideaway, a getaway beside one of the largest reef systems in the world, and a resort steps from what’s being billed as “the first world-class theme park in the Caribbean.” Some properties are even offering opening discounts. So book a flight and grab a swimsuit. Whether you want to pile your plate high at an all-inclusive resort or spring for a suite in St. Barts, these seven destinations aim to ensure that the only thing frozen this winter will be the cocktail in your hand.
From an off-the-grid tropical hideaway to a reefside diving resort, these new hotels will take you far from anything that resembles snow and cold.
- Anguilla – Aurora Anguilla Resort & Golf Club
- Belize – Alaia Belize, Autograph Collection
- Dominica – Coulibri Ridge
- Dominican Republic – Falcon’s Resort by Meliá — All Suites Punta Cana
- Mexico – Motto by Hilton Tulum
- St. Barts – Rosewood Le Guanahani St. Barth
- Turks and Caicos – Rock House
Source: The New York Times