November 26. Travel insurance is like a safety net, offering invaluable peace of mind when exploring the diverse landscapes of our world. However, many travellers believe they don’t need travel insurance, but not having coverage can leave you vulnerable if an emergency arises during your trip.
Understanding the truth about what travel insurance does and does not cover can help you make an informed decision about your travel plans.
Let’s separate travel insurance fact from fiction so you travel with full awareness and peace of mind. There are several common misconceptions about travel insurance that cause travellers to forgo this important protection. The five travel insurance myths that need to be busted right now are as follows:
- Myth: I don’t need travel insurance for short trips or domestic travel
- Myth: My health insurance covers me abroad, so I don’t need travel insurance
- Myth: Travel insurance is expensive and not worth the cost
- Myth: I don’t need insurance for pre-existing medical conditions
- Myth: Travel insurance claims are tedious and often denied