Dec 29. Dubai, an intriguing city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), has become one of the most popular destinations in 2022 among international travelers. Its impressive skyscrapers, beautiful beaches, and incredible attractions have been getting much attention lately—especially among TikTokers— and now more digital nomads are interested in staying for a few months at this exciting destination.
In 2021 the government introduced a Remote Working Program for Dubai, allowing remote workers to live for up to a year in this fascinating city. And now, Dubai’s Department of Economy and Tourism (DET) has partnered with Airbnb and launched a new working hub as part of the Live and Work Anywhere program.
The government is interested in attracting digital nomads, and now travelers from all over the world have their eyes on this city, which is considered one of the top 20 destinations supporting remote work around the world.
These are the main considerations for applicants:
- Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity.
- Health insurance that covers the UAE.
- Employees: proof of employment and a minimum salary of $3,500 per month.
- Business owners: proof of ownership of the company for at least one year or employment outside the UAE, monthly income over $3,500.
- Applicants must fill out an application form and pay fees. It costs $611 in total.
Source: Travel off Path